Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
About the job
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the:
- Coordination of manufacturing review process
- Agree job |manufacturing review calendar with budget holders
- Generate monthly pre-close reports and analysis
- Conduct monthly cost reviews for all SKU’s, providing adequate documentation,
- Conduct detailed analysis of all production cost accounts,
- Investigate and follow-up with responsible parties to resolve erroneous postings and raising necessary journals to correct them.
- Ensure adequacy and completeness of all entries in the accounts with correct classification to job, location and cost center.
- Business Partnership
- Monthly manufacturing cost flash
- Monthly detailed cost analysis by job
- Quarterly BOM reviews
- Monthly tracking against targets
- Ad-hoc analysis.
- Report significant omissions in the job costing to management.
- Investigate and report on all manufacturing variances
- Run post-close reports
- Develop cost-saving initiatives for presentation to management, with subsequent implementation.
- Ownership and compilation of investment CAPEX documents
- Complete necessary investment case documents
- Validate | collate all base information from necessary sources
- Maintain and update CAPEX model
- Reconcile CAPEX proposals against budget
- Complete presentations for investment cases
- B.Sc in Accounting
- Professional qualification ACCA or ICAN
- Minimum five(5) years relevant experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong organisation skill
- Good communication skill
- Research abilities.
- Strong technology expertise, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Time Management
- Ethics & Integrity
- Team work & collaboration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply