Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Information Technology (Cement Industry)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- We are looking for an experienced Head, IT to oversee the use of Information technology (IT) in our company. You will be the one to devise the company’s IT strategy and ensure that all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place.
- An excellent Head, IT must have a solid IT background and consistently keep up-to-date with advancements of the field. Apart from their education and experience, they must have every quality of a leader and a strong strategic and business acumen.
- The goal is to ensure that information technology adds the maximum value to our company so as to facilitate the success of our business.
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Direct and organize IT-related projects
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions.
Requirements and skills
- First Degree in relevant field of study, MSc/MBA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 15 years proven experience as Head, IT, particularly in a FMCG organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- A strong strategic and business mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online