Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Mines Operations Cement
Locations: Obajana, Kogi; Ibese, Ogun; Gboko, Benue; and Okpella, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Coordinate and control the Mining operations in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the activities of heavy equipment operators, drillers, blasters, and other workers in the Mines.
- Ensure the implementation of short-term production plans and targets are achieved.
- Coordinate the preparation and ensure adherence to Mine plans and schedules.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors to resolve problems and co-ordinate activities.
- Develop and maintain the life of Mine plans for all operations.
- Ensure that all the raw material requirements for the factory at the correct quality aims are continually met without negatively affecting the Mining equipment utilizations.
- Coordinate with the Head, Mines to set production quotas, to plan extraction sites, and to develop policies for the removal of raw materials.
- Monitor operational performance against budget and recommend operational changes to senior management when necessary to ensure that production quotas and procedures are met.
- Ensure that all safety, health, and environmental legal and defined standards are adhered to.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity.
- Prepare production and other reports for review by the Head, Mines.
- Ensure adherence to safety regulations and laid down policies and procedures.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate engineers, technicians, operators, and other Mine personnel.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Mines
Education and Work Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Engineering (Mining) or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 12 years of work experience in Mining operations.
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth understanding of Mining principles and practices.
- Well-developed personnel management skills.
- Excellent investigative, analytical, problem-solving and lateral thinking skills to improve Mining operation practices.
- Very good business skills to allow the delivery of a cost-effective Mines operations.
- Excellent communication, people management and interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and team skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online