MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Project Management, Information Technology
Job Identification: 2597
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: MTN Level 3
Reports To: Senior Manager, PMO and Portfolio Management
Division: Information Technology
- To plan, manage the project/program execution and reporting, manage and allocate resources for the execution of IT projects in line with the needs of all business units in the organization and MTNN business plan.
- Carry out feasibility studies in new business initiatives and develop project charter, identifying project scope, expectations, objectives, risks, approach and deliverables with senior management and stakeholders, to support business goals.
- Develop detailed work plans and identify project deliverables and ensure all projects are well defined in terms of detailed project deliverables, milestones and time frames.
- Deploy and manage resources effectively for the successful execution of IS projects, securing the release of project required resources including project staff and financial resources.
- Review issues and problems in relation to projects, deal with vendors and administer contracts and identify project risks, as well as recommend actions to mitigate risks.
- Assist in evaluating, tracking and managing the development and performance of team members, to ensure productivity and achievement of business results.
- Close out project ensuring all resources are accounted for and released appropriately.
- Compile lessons to learn for use by project teams in execution of on-going and future projects and participate in post project delivery review.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets and requirements, and regular review of their training needs.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Candidates should possess a First Degree in Electrical / Electronics, Computer Science / Engineering or related discipline
- Certifications in the Agile practice area – Scrum etc.
- Possession of a professional project management certification (PRINCE2/PMP) will be an advantage
- Fluent in English.
6 – 13 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience in supervising/managing others.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in agile practices and related tools.
- Experience in coordinating multiple projects within and outside a program.
- Experience working in a medium to large multinational Technology organization.
- Formal project management experience in a telecommunication technology business environment such as but not limited to customer care & billing systems (CC&BS, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems environment, Charging System, payment systems, VAS system.
- Formal project management experience in digital technologies such as cloud technology, new generation apps, APIs and microservices.
- Proven experience in Managing large scale digital projects and solutions across complex, trans-national, cross-Functional program and channels
- Experience of facilitating project coordination and managing expectations across internal, 3rd party and/or client teams according to project requirements and workstreams from kick off to deployment.
- Risk management prior to and during the project execution, managing risks within project timelines, budgets and quality.
- Quality reporting for different spectrum of stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2023 (11:09 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online