Rainoil Limited is an integrated downstream oil and gas company. A prominent player in the Nigerian industry, the company’s operations span across the downstream value chain i.e. Petroleum Product Storage, Haulage/Distribution and Retail Sales. Our primary products include Petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO) and Kerosene (DPK).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Location: Oghara, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- To work proactively with managers which seeks to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe working practices across the organization hereby reducing the risk of potential losses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors the inspection of trucks periodically to ascertain road worthiness as well as escalating any current or potential issues.
- Performs periodic safety drills e.g., fire drills to ascertain the workers have a good understanding of the process in case of an emergency.
- Ensures that the business is compliant with statutory, regulatory, industry and other HSE requirements.
- Identifies potential business hazards and makes recommendations where necessary to the Head, Safety.
- Supervises the implementation of designed safety policies and procedures.
- Inspects safety tools and equipment e.g., sprinklers, fire extinguishers etc.
- Maintains effective relationships with relevant external agencies and emergency response service providers (e.g. Fire Service, emergency services, HMO, environmental agency etc.)
- Makes sure that personal protective equipment, such as dust masks, safety glasses, footwear and safety helmets, is being used in workplaces according to regulations.
- Coordinates the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, workplace inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in facilities
- Coordinate emergency procedures, Depot rescues, firefighting and first aid crews
- Minimum of HND in Engineering, Sciences, Social Sciences, Administration or Humanities.
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in the Safety and/or Environment role in the Oil & Gas or Manufacturing Industry
- HSE Certifications is desired.
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.