SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Completion & Workover Engineer
Location: Lagos or Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration 1 year renewable
Area activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
- Follows operations, provides technical support during operations and ensures procedures are followed by off/on shore supervisors. Where applicable ensures MOC are written and risk assessments are carried out and communicated to the off/on shore team in a timely manner.
- Participates to CWOP and risk assessment sessions for completion and workover operations.
- Ensures lessons learnt and best practices are communicated to service company and other stakeholders
- Follows well KPI and CPI database, and benchmark operations against ‘’best composite’’ performance
- Follow-up and close-out any highlighted improvement actions. Participates in contractor site / process technical and HSE audits
- Participates to the preparation, planning, optimization and follow-up on off/on shore execution of well completion operations
- Ensures completion schematics and final tallies are correct and uploaded into WELLVIEW.
- Participate to LEAN, 3C, cost rationalization and continuous improvement culture within the completion team through-out the well delivery cycle
Ensures all Completion docs are issued, validated and stored as per COMPANY doc management policies.
- Ensure Completion specific software/IT-tools are fully functional, customized and updated (Wellview, torque and drag simulators, Planner)
- Ensures with Logistic Team that stock levels for vital elements are secured.
- Validates supply plans with special attention to LLI.
- Eliminates superfluous or obsolete equipment from DCD Completion stock
Organization (In relationship with Technical Services, GSR, and Assets)
- Participates to the End of Well report preparation and liaise with the Drilling Engineering team
- Liaises with GSR, ECP, FOPs and Contractors to ensure optimization of well operations program and Completions well equipment preparation.
- Prepares CFT documents for completion, workover and well test operations. Performs CFT technical assessment and makes recommendation to the C&P teams.
- Prepares well handover documents and communicate to Field Operations well parameters and non-conformances
- Prepares completion designs in line with SOR requirements.
- Performs tubing stress analysis, sand control, corrosion/erosion
and any other studies required for the completion designs.
- Writes well programs, ensures completion equipment is prepared, is fit for purpose and meets well timelines.
- Ensures risk assessments and HAZID/HAZOP are carried out prior to the completion operations.
- Proposes new ideas and innovations to improve well performance, well operations performance, reduce risk and/or cost.
- Leads any third-party studies required (HQ, Service Cies, Labs) for validating BOD
- As a member of the DCD completion team, he/she contributes to ensuring that well delivery targets are met
- Approximately $60M per year worth of equipment, services and operational duration cost.
- Manages Completion related contracts
- Guarantee the realization of completion and workover operations on COMPANY’s fields based on state-of-the-art rules in terms of
safety, respect of the environment, engineering, performance and costs.
- 5 to 8 well completions delivered per year including WOs. Adhere and comply with COMPANY’s CMS System
- Contribute to the profitability of COMPANY’s Nigeria investments by continuously improving equipment quality, service performance
and operational procedures.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- M.Sc in Engineering domain
- 5 to 8 years completion related experience. Minimum of 3 years off/on shore exposure
- Previous completion design experience strongly recommended
- Team spirit and good interpersonal skills
- IWCF / BOSIET.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online