Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Performance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Design and implement a comprehensive Community Development Strategy through:
- Defining and executing comprehensive Social Management Systems in line with Group Performance Standards.
- Supporting and participating in the execution of technical social studies/ surveys.
- Coordinating the development of a fit-for-purpose Community Development Plan (CDP) which is premised on addressing identified community needs.
- Developing and executing budgets for community programs and robust community engagement
- Defining and implementing work plans for CDP implementation and stakeholder engagement.
- Coordinating the activities of all NGOs, CBOs and local institutions in implementing the CDP.
- Build and maintain relationships with Nascon stakeholders, local authorities in host communities and represent the organization in all community-related engagements. Support local networking with active individuals and community groups.
- Lead and organize all stakeholder engagement activities (i.e. community sensitizations, town hall meetings, project disclosure meetings, CDP validation meetings, Feedback Interactive Sessions etc.)
- Design and implement a robust Grievance Management Process (GMP) in line with relevant DIL Group Standards.
- Regularly update and keep a comprehensive grievance register.
Resource Mobilization / Mentoring:
- Support Local Institutions in advocating to relevant government agencies, stakeholders and to other CBOs for the implementation of community initiatives.
- Build internal capacity on Social Performance thorough regularly scheduled training and workshops.
- Build capacity of community institutions through training and workshops.
- Drive, enforce and monitor compliance to all relevant Group Management Standards and Policies.
- Coordinate and submit all reports as defined by relevant Group Social Standards and Policies.
- Report on key Social Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to Group HSSE on a monthly basis.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- A Degree in Sociology, Community or Rural Development, Political Science, Humanities or related fields. A Master’s Degree in related field would be an advantage but not compulsory.
- At least five years of working experience in a similar role in a NGO or CBO.
- In-depth historical knowledge of community-related issues with proven Conflict Resolution skills.
- Knowledge in gender issues and working with vulnerable groups will be an added advantage.
- The ability to speak local language and fluency in English is essential.
- Possesses problem-solving, communication, good planning, reporting, organizational and persuasive skills
- Proactive personality with ability to work independently and manage Knowledge and Information
- Project Management Skills and ability to deliver training programs.
- Possesses strong interpersonal, computer, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An effective team player with a flexible and positive approach
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online