Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Product Manager – Nerve
Job Type: Full-time
About the Role
- We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to lead the development and growth of Nerve, Kuda’s in-house Core Banking Application.
- The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and passionate about building products that solve real consumer needs.
- As the Senior Technical Product Manager for Nerve, you will be responsible for leading the development of Kuda’s core banking platform in Nigeria, including technical upgrades, enhancements, and updates.
- You will collaborate with engineers, designers, data analysts, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality solutions to Kuda’s customers.
- Drive prioritization of features, balancing the requirements of stakeholders and providing trade-off recommendations when needed.
- Engage and coordinate with stakeholders across the organization (Compliance, Risk, Operations, etc.) to ensure all relevant technical requirements are captured and considered as part of the development cycle.
- Lead discovery process of technical features/solutions.
- Oversee end-to-end delivery of technical solutions, manage dependencies, raise risks and issues in a timely manner, and communicate development schedules to business stakeholders.
- Manage the backlog – plan and groom user stories with scrum teams, ensuring to follow proper definitions (Ready, Done, etc.) and detailed acceptance criteria.
- Support testing and deployment of technical solutions through the different stages.
- Create technical product-related documentation with the technical documentation team.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future enhancements and investments.
- Consult business stakeholders to identify and drive opportunities with partners / vendors / customers.
- Be the Functional and Technical SME on the Nerve system.
- Drive the requirements for Nerve upgrades, migrations, enhancements and updates, working in partnership with all other areas in different domains such as payments, statements, lending, engineering, etc.
- Ensure that the Never product and technical decisions are aligned with Kuda’s strategic goals and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a closely related field (or foreign equivalent).
- 7+ years of experience in technical product management and engineering.
- Experience with one or more retail banking cores and payments systems such as Finacle, Temenos, Flexcube, BankOne, Jack Henry, Finastra, etc.
- Experience working with cloud-based 3rd Party service providers.
- Experience with record-keeping systems, and personal financial management preferred.
- Proficient with agile/scrum, continuous integration, automated configuration management, test-driven development, and data center/cloud automation.
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online